AUTO LEGAL DIRECT LTD COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
An expression of dissatisfaction in relation to any of the services provided constitutes a complaint,
whether this is oral or written.
All complaints, regardless of their nature, will be acknowledged and dealt with in accordance with
our complaints procedure
1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form.
Auto Legal Direct Ltd
20A Buxton Road
Stockport SK7 6AE
Phone: 0161 487 2727
Fax: 0161 483 8280
2. We reserve the right to decline to consider a complaint that is made more than six
months after you became aware of the cause of the complaint. There may be instances
where we will waive this requirement at our discretion. We will confirm to you in writing if
a complaint has been made outside the time limit that we are prepared to consider.
3. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five
business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint for the
business. Although the complaint may be in respect of a decision which I took, I will investigate it
4. Within four weeks of receiving a complaint, we will send you either:
a) A final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
b) A holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the
complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
5. With eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
a) a final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
b) a response which:
i explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further
delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response; and
ii informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Claims Management
Regulator if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
6. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation
for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of
redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
7. In you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight
weeks, you may refer the complaint to –
Claims Management Regulation Unit
Monitoring and Compliance Office
57-60 High Street
Burton on Trent
Tel: 0333 200 0110
8. The Regulator can review the handling of the complaint and can give a direction on
further handling of the complaint. However, he cannot determine a complaint or award
Alternatively, if the complainant remains dissatisfied with our final response it may be possible to
refer the matter within six months to the Legal Ombudsman.
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333